The Australian arm of a US-based multinational was looking to grow its Australian operations. The company did not have extensive experience in business acquisitions in Australia. Whilst working on that company’s growth strategy for Australia, the following successes were achieved:
- Assisted with the review and verification of potential acquisition business Targets, including operational, legal and business review.
- Assisted with negotiations with the eventual Targets on earn-out and EBITDA calculations, on profit share models and negotiations on the terms and conditions of the acquisition.
- Managed the acquisition process including conducting the due diligence on the Target companies, acting as Transitions Manager and co-ordinating the Legal negotiations.
- Interacting with Regional Executives and Global Executives to provide business justification for the acquisition, and to manage the acquisition price expectations.
- Drafting and finalising internal approval process documentation, including to Regional CEO and COO, Global Treasury & Finance and Global COO and CFO.
- Developed the people transition plan as part of the overall business transition and implemented the transition of staff from the Target businesses.
- Drafted the best-practice SOX compliance M&A process and practice which was adopted as the company’s Global standard.